Simplicity Funerals Glenorchy, TAS
Simplicity Funerals is your local funeral director in Glenorchy, Tasmania.
We serve all families in the Greater Hobart area including Claremont, Bridgewater, Kingston, Mornington and Sandy Bay. We do arrangements in our office, can travel to your home or over the phone.
Please contact us directly using the contact details and map below:
Funeral services in Greater Hobart
Simplicity Funerals Glenorchy can help to create a meaningful service that honours your newly departed. You may opt to hold the service in a chapel or church, or somewhere that holds special meaning for your family.
Your choices for the funeral ceremony include:
- Churches from various faiths, such as:
- Anglican Churches: All Saints’ Church, South Hobart; St Raphael’s Church, Fern Tree; St James Church, New Town; St John’s Church, New Town; St Mark’s Church, Bellerive; St Aidan’s Church, Lindisfarne; St Thomas’ Church, Howrah; St Luke’s Church, Taroona; St George’s Church, Sorell; St Luke’s Church, Richmond; St James Church, Ranelagh; St Pauls Church (Northside Anglican), Montrose; Edge Anglican Church, Claremont; St Clements Church, Kingston; St Marks Church, Pontville; St Matthews, New Norfolk; St Marks Church, Cygnet; St Mary’s Church, Triabunna; Wellspring Anglican Church, Sandy Bay.
- Catholic Churches: Corpus Christi, Bellerive; John Paul II, Rokeby; St Peter’s, New Norfolk; St Therese of Lisieux, Moonah; St Francis Xavier’s, South Hobart; St Paul’s, Bridgewater; St Matthew’s, Pontville; St Bernard’s, Claremont; St James, Cygnet; St Joseph’s, Geeveston; St John the Evangelist, Richmond; St Thomas’, Sorell; St John’s, Glenorchy; St Monica’s, Chigwell; Christ the Priest, Kingston Beach; Holy Spirit, Sandy Bay; St Canice, Sandy Bay; St Pius X, Taroona.
- Uniting Churches: Lindisfarne Uniting Church; Bellerive Uniting Church; Sorell Uniting Church; Glenorchy Uniting Church; Claremont Uniting Church; Kingston Uniting Church; New Norfolk Uniting Church; Taroona Uniting Church; Bridgewater Gagebrook Uniting Church; Oatlands Uniting Church.
- Other Churches: Cambridge Family Church, Cambridge; C3 Church and Function Centre, South Hobart; Christian Family Centre, Risdon Vale; Montrose Presbyterian Church, Montrose; IC Church, Glenorchy; Salvation Army Chapel, Glenorchy; Salvation Army Chapel, Moonah; Salvation Army Chapel, Hobart; St Peters Lutheran Church, Warrane; St John’s Presbyterian Church, Hobart; Citywide Baptist Church, Mornington; Claremont Baptist Church, Claremont;
- Following the ceremony, your loved one can be cremated or buried at Cornelian Bay Cemetery; Kingston Cemetery (Kingston Lawn Cemetery, Hobart Regional Cemetery); Pontville Catholic Cemetery; East Risdon Cemetery; Cambridge Cemetery; St Marks and Glebe Lawn Cemetery, Pontville; Huon Lawn Cemetery; Malbina Cemetery; Geeveston Cemetery; Richmond Cemetery; Sorell Cemetery; St Luke’s Cemetery, Longley; Red Hills Cemetery, Bushy Park; Hamilton Cemetery.
The team at Simplicity Funerals Glenorchy are with you every step of the way, keeping you informed and guiding you through the arrangements as much or as little as you need.
Meet Jarrod Howard, Simplicity Funerals Glenorchy location Supervisor
I began working in the funeral industry in 2007, and after a break, I have been with Simplicity Funerals since 2018. I had always been interested in the industry but did not feel ‘qualified’ as I had not lost a family member as an adult until my grandfather died in 2007.
During my time in the funeral industry, I have done anything from washing and maintaining the vehicle fleet, as a catering and funeral assistant, mortuary preparation, crematorium operation, arranging and conducting.
I have always lived in Tasmania, growing up in Claremont (attended Abbotsfield Primary School, Cosgrove High, Claremont College and Hobart TAFE). Currently, I live in Old Beach with my wife and our miniature schnauzer, Kevin. We are lucky enough to have fantastic views across the River Derwent to kunanyi / Mount Wellington and the Cadbury Golf Course.
Of a weekend I’m usually either slowly restoring my CM Chrysler Regal back to its former glory; enjoying taste testing our increasingly amazing range of local craft beer with my friends and family, or enjoying our national parks especially Mt Field and spending time on Bruny Island.
I am a member of the Lions Club, have been volunteering at the Goodwood Neighbourhood house. We sponsor/have sponsored the Brighton Bowls and Community Club, Glenorchy Rodmans Bowls Club Inc, Bucaan Community House Learn to Drive Program, New Town High School Student Award.