Your Simplicity funeral director is there to support you through the process and make the funeral arrangement as simple and easy as possible.
There are some things you can do before meeting with your Simplicity funeral director:
- Allow enough time. Set aside 1-2 hours to meet and talk with your funeral director to begin planning the funeral.
- A day, time and place for the service will usually be agreed to in the first meeting.
- Have some ideas about the ceremony itself – music, flowers, theme, catering, videos etc.
- Consider whether you want a burial or a cremation.
- Think about if you would like a viewing. This is some time with the person again before the funeral. It can be held privately, often the day before the funeral.
- Expect an account with the cost explained. It is normal for the funeral director to discuss the account and explain the cost of each item. You will be given a fully itemised estimate of fees based on what you have agreed upon for the funeral. Most families pay by credit card, cheque or cash on or before the day of the funeral. Most banks will allow you to access the deceased’s bank account to pay for the funeral, and your funeral director will be able to advise you how to do this.
What to bring with you when you meet your funeral director:
- Supportive family or friend.
- Information for Death Certificate.
- Clothes for the deceased to be dressed in including perfume, make up or after shave if you wish. A current photo is also helpful to assist with their presentation.
- Credit card / Eftpos card / Cheque book.
- Prepaid funeral plan documents, if any.
- Burial site reservation, if any.
- A list of questions you may have.