Simplicity Funerals makes planning for a future funeral service easy and allows you to save money by locking in costs at today's prices.
Use our online funeral calculator to test and compare the cost of a Prepaid Funeral Plan from Simplicity Funerals against a funeral insurance policy. Find out more:
*Subject to variables, such as age, period of cover and policy conditions.
How do I save money and get peace of mind?
Taking out a Prepaid Funeral Plan from Simplicity Funerals is the best way to save money on the price of a funeral because you pay today’s price and beat price rises forever.
Planning ahead for a funeral service for yourself or a dependent has a lot of benefits:
- Pay today’s price
- Once paid in full there is no more to pay unlike products that need continuous payments
- Simplicity Funerals gives you the security of dealing with Australia’s leading national funeral services provider
- Make decisions about your own funeral in your own time
- You will have peace of mind because your affairs will be in order
- It won’t affect your pension or other entitlements, and might help you obtain a pension or part pension.
Here’s a table that compares the benefits of a prepaid funeral with other ways to plan for funeral costs.
|Benefit||Prepaid Funeral from Simplicity||Funeral insurance|
|Fixed price funeral||Yes||No|
|Protects against price rises||Yes||No|
|No health check required||Yes||Varies|
|No waiting period on benefits||Yes||No|
|Simple phone call to claim||Yes||No|
|National chain of funeral homes||Yes||No|
|AFDA accredited funeral homes||Yes||No|
|Plan the funeral service you want||Yes||No|
|Your funeral wishes are carried out||Yes||No|
|Gives support of a trusted funeral director to those left behind||Yes||No|
|Travel protection available (For temporary absences from home)||Yes||No|
|Can help you obtain a part or full pension||Yes||No|
Prepaid funerals and Pensions
Asset tests are how the Australian government determines whether retirees receive a full pension, partial pension, or none at all; but did you know you can reduce tested assets by purchasing a prepaid funeral?
So how do I prepay a funeral?
Prepaying is not as complicated as it might seem and instalment plans are available.
- Call us on 1300 556 222 for an appointment, or come in to one of our conveniently located funeral homes. You can also email us an enquiry about prepaying a funeral and one of our experienced staff will contact you,
- Tell us the type of service you want.
- Pay today’s prices and beat price rises forever.
- Talk to us about a Funeral Bond which acts as a savings plan who you can put towards a Prepaid Funeral Plan from Simplicity Funerals.
This new product is designed to give you the peace of mind you are looking for on an affordable budget. Your bond will be looked after by the Over Fifty Guardian Friendly Society, a mutual organisation that belongs to its members, and benefits from all of the relevant legal protections. When you have saved enough through your Funeral Bond, you can talk to your Simplicity funeral director about converting your bond into a full Prepaid Funeral Plan from Simplicity Funerals, giving you all of the benefits and the peace of mind you are looking for.
It’s that simple.
What happens once I've prepaid my funeral?
Once you've prepaid a funeral service with Simplicity you can relax.
Just keep the details of your Prepaid Funeral Plan from Simplicity Funerals with your important papers. When the funeral service is needed, your family only needs to call their local Simplicity Funerals home and we will look after them and carry out your instructions to the letter.
If you move to another suburb or state, you will need to nominate a new Simplicity Funeral home to register your prepaid funeral plan with.